Last Updated on December 11, 2022 by Patrick
Kettlebell Figure 8s
Kettlebell figure 8s are a fun and challenging exercise that can help improve your coordination, balance, and overall fitness level. With this exercise, you can engage a wide range of muscles in your lower body and core. In this article, we will discuss the key points to remember when performing kettlebell figure 8s, as well as the benefits of incorporating them into your workout routine.
Kettlebell Figure 8s – Quick Overview
- Kettlebell figure 8s are a type of exercise that involves swinging a kettlebell back and forth between your legs in a continuous figure 8 pattern.
- To perform kettlebell figure 8s, start by standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and a kettlebell held in front of your body with both hands.
- Begin by swinging the kettlebell back and forth between your legs, making sure to keep your chest up and your back straight throughout the movement.
- As you swing the kettlebell, use your hips and legs to power the movement, and try to keep your arms relaxed and your shoulders down.
- Continue swinging the kettlebell in a figure 8 pattern for a set number of reps or for a set amount of time.
- Kettlebell figure 8s are a great exercise for improving your coordination and balance, as well as building strength in your lower body and core muscles.
- As with any new exercise, it’s important to start slowly and focus on proper form before increasing the weight or speed of the movement.
- Remember to warm up before exercising, and cool down and stretch afterwards to help prevent injuries.
Incorporating kettlebell figure 8s into your workout routine can help you take your fitness to the next level. Give them a try and see the benefits for yourself!
Kettlebell figure 8s are a great exercise for improving your coordination and balance, as well as building strength in your lower body and core muscles. By swinging the kettlebell back and forth between your legs in a figure 8 pattern, you are engaging a wide range of muscles and challenging your body in a dynamic way. This can help improve your coordination and balance, as well as increasing your overall fitness level.
Another benefit of kettlebell figure 8s is that they can be performed as part of a full-body workout routine, or as part of a lower body-specific routine. This makes them a versatile exercise that can be incorporated into a variety of different workouts.
Additionally, kettlebell figure 8s can be a fun and challenging exercise that can help keep your workouts interesting. By adding a new exercise to your routine, you can break up the monotony of your usual workouts and keep yourself motivated to exercise regularly.
Overall, kettlebell figure 8s are a valuable exercise that can provide a wide range of benefits. By incorporating them into your workout routine, you can improve your coordination, balance, and overall fitness level. Give them a try and see the benefits for yourself!
Some common mistakes when doing kettlebell figure 8s include using too heavy of a kettlebell, not engaging the core muscles properly, and swinging the kettlebell instead of controlling the movement.
It’s important to start with a lighter kettlebell and focus on using your core muscles to control the movement of the kettlebell as it moves around your body.
It’s also important to avoid swinging the kettlebell in an uncontrolled manner, as this can lead to poor form and potentially cause injury. Instead, focus on using smooth, controlled movements to perform the exercise.
In conclusion, kettlebell figure 8s are a great exercise for improving core strength, coordination, and stability. By incorporating kettlebell figure 8s into your workout routine, you can improve your overall fitness and functional strength.
More Kettlebell Info
Try out some Kettlebell Hip Thrusts to get those booty gains!
Hey I’m Patrick!
I built my first home gym in 2012, when I decided I was tired of waiting in line for the squat rack and I started GGC in 2020 to help people find the info they need to improve their fitness and their lives.
I’m passionate about fitness, especially when it comes to working out at home. I’ve learned a lot over the years about what to do and what not to do, and my mission is to share that knowledge with the world!